Sinkhole repair is like surgery for your home.
If you were going in for surgery, first you would want to select the most qualified surgeon. In order to choose the right one, you would need to ask several questions:
- How many surgeries has he performed in the past five years?
- How long has he been in practice?
- Is he up to date with the latest techniques and/or technology?
- How is his bedside manner?
- Is his nursing staff friendly, knowledgeable and informative?
- Has he ever received any formal complaints or been sued?
- Will I be treated as a human being or just another surgical procedure?
At Helicon, our “surgeons” wear hardhats.
In most cases your insurance company will provide you with a list of contractors, but you do not have to choose from that list. Below is a list of questions you should ask your potential foundation repair contractor:
How long have you been in business? How many foundation repair jobs have you completed?
Asking these questions will help you avoid choosing a company with a flashy sales pitch but no experience to back it up.
Are you licensed & insured?
You should only hire a contractor that is licensed and insured in your state.
Do you use specialized equipment?
Well-maintained and up-to-date equipment is very important to the quality of your remediation project. A state-of-the-art drill rig can significantly reduce the total time it takes to repair your home.
What is your rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB)?
Your local BBB is a great place to start when qualifying any service provider. Businesses are rated from A+ to F. Click here to see Helicon’s BBB listing.
If you are faced with choosing a foundation repair company, you will want to go beyond the standard questions and inquire about their customer service (i.e. bedside manner).
- Do your employees wear uniforms and maintain a professional appearance?
- Will I be updated daily on the progress of my repair?
- Are your employees responsible for daily cleanup of my yard?
- Do you have any current job sites I may visit to observe your work?
- Do you have a reference list of others in my area that have used your services?
The answers to the above questions should be a resounding YES! At Helicon we go above and beyond the call of duty. Our goal is to have your repair project go so smoothly you will rave about it to your friends and neighbors.