Helicon offers the most innovative pre-construction sinkhole prevention methods to limit damage to your property.
Helical Pier Installation
The high frequency of foundation failures in Florida means some property owners should consider sinkhole prevention measures prior to breaking ground on a new building. A pre-construction helical pier system provides peace of mind and guarantee a solid foundation, preventing future settlement issues.
Protect your foundation before the construction of your home or business by with helical pier installation. The helical pier foundation can be devised to resist or support any load or application.
- Can be installed year round
- Round shaft has a high resistance to bending
- Galvanized steel resists corrosion for long life
- Cannot be seen after installation
New construction underpinning is an increasingly popular method to prevent future foundation problems. By installing a deep underpinning foundation system prior to laying your foundation, you can ensure that the structure will rest on a solid base.
- Versatile - can be made to support any load
- Installation is very fast
- Safely & permanently transfers the weight of a structure onto solid bedrock or load-bearing strata
- Safe to install in environmentally sensitive areas
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my property has sinkhole conditions?
Developers are required (by law) to test soil conditions on a site prior to building homes or commercial property. They are not, however, required to do sinkhole testing.
Is it worth it to do pre-construction piers before we build a house?
It is easier and more cost-effective to underpin a foundation or stabilize weak soils before a home is built. Upfront shoring of the foundation of a home can potentially offset the cost of sinkhole loss coverage over the life of the mortgage.