Mudjacking (Also called Slab jacking)
Mudjacking is commonly sought out by homeowners in Florida who are experiencing the negative effects of a sinking foundation. A foundation can begin sinking for a variety of reasons, including when the soil beneath it shrinks due to lack of moisture or expands due to oversaturation. When soil begins to settle, homeowners may choose mudjacking, or slabjacking, for their property.
Mudjacking, which is oftentimes chosen by homeowners in Midland due to its simplicity and effectiveness, typically consists of:
- Drilling small holes into sinking foundation slabs
- Injecting cement or a similarly powerful mixture through these holes
- Having the mixture fill up the empty spaces between the foundation slabs and the soil beneath it
- Raising the sinking foundation to its original level
- Cleaning up the area and having peace of mind knowing the foundation is now solidly supported